Attending school regularly helps children feel better about school and themselves. Building this habit starts with the first day of school so they can learn right away that going to school on time, every day is important. Good attendance is critical to school success.
All absences must be excused within three school days after the student returns to school. To excuse an absence at Fruit Valley Elementary, you may do any of the following:
- Call the attendance line at 313-1412 after hours or 313-1900 during school hours.
- Send a note with your child upon their return.
- Come in to the school to excuse their absence in person.
- You may also email your child’s excuse to email@example.com.
Absences can be excused for the following reasons:
- Illness ( a doctor’s note is required if absent for 6 days or more)
- Health care appointments (as much as possible, try to schedule these outside the school day)
- Religious activities
- Court Appearances
- Pre-arranged, approved activities (must be approved prior to absence by the school principal)
All absences, whether excused or unexcused, become a problem for student success. Ten or more unexcused absences within the school year will result in the school district enforcing the compulsory school attendance law through truancy court.
Make school count! Attend All Day, Every Day!